Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Poor old Patchie.............


Patchie may not be the smartest dog in the pack but she is cognizant of little clues and is on alert immediately when suitcases come out of the attic.

She noticed the layout of clothes on the spare bed and knows Bev would never leave stuff out like that unless...........???. Something's afoot. She adjusts her behavior at these times and acts like my shadow. During 'normal' times she merely watches me as I come in and out of her view as I move around the house. Now she must know what I am doing all the time. I feel sad that we will be leaving her at the kennel for 2 weeks and as a as an act of contrition I have been walking her longer than I usually would in these swelteringly hot 'dog' days of Houston summer.

I also bathed her and brushed her teeth so she's ready for anything.

There will be no posts for a while. We're off to Old Blighty manana. We will see friends and family and float on a rented self-drive 'narrow-whacker' down the Avon and up the Severn.
Ta-ta for now!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a great picture of Patch! I'm sure she'll be fine. I always feel a little guilty leaving my Sabrina, but I remember that Dr. Jenn told me they really don't have a concept of time. She'll know you're gone, but she'll just be happy to see you when you get back.
See you in "Old Blighty!"

Unknown said...

She'll probaly not only survive but charm her way into someone's lap at the clinic (NOT POUND). You need to travel more anyway -- seize the day and all that!

Vetmommy said...

Poor Patch. She will miss you, but she'll survive and be very happy to be reunited with you in a week.

Francesca is fortunately oblivious to our departure.

Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!